This ministry is centered on the second commandment because of the Love we have for God in the first commandment. We are people of faith and as God’s children we are called to share faith through our words and actions. Our action is Social Services Advocacy.
“God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” –Hebrews 6:10
This Ministry has been around a long time as Jesus tells us in Matthew 22 to Love our God with all our heart, soul and mind, which is the first commandment. He also tells us that the second one is to love your neighbor as yourself.
Social Services Advocacy provides resources and networking within the community for:
- Referrals for food pantry
- Skilled home health services
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Assessments for transitional care
- Elder Affairs and Guardianship Legal Counselors
- Durable Medical Equipment
- In home Services
- Assistance with SSDI/SSI applications
- Financial Hardship referrals
- Child Abuse Prevention and Advocacy
- Substance Abuse Treatment referrals
*Office Hours & Home visits by appointment
Hope Lutheran Church Social Services Advocacy sponsors the Kindle Tablet. Program for local children in Foster Care. Hope receives donations of gently used Kindles tablets or monetary donations to purchase new Kindle tablets. These tablets promote normalcy and connection with their separated siblings due to their unique situation.