The team provides leadership, awareness and involvement in selected local, regional and global missions. The team oversees the disbursement of funds to specific outreach causes.
The Mission Outreach Team supports Hope Lutheran Church’s mission statement—to know Christ and to make Christ known, with every project, whether local, national, or international. The team identifies opportunities where Hope can respond to a need with appropriate action.
Reaching out to make Christ known locally, nationally, and internationally!
Needs exist to make Christ known locally, nationally, and internationally. The team:
- Receives mission ideas from church members, researches, and helps implement plans. Recent local outreach initiatives includes House of Hope, Seeds of Hope and Navin Damon Theological Seminary.
- Hosts a mission weekend in January to educate the congregation on mission projects, including World Mission Prayer League, Neeraj and Nihjar Ekka, Global Health Ministry, and Lutheran World Relief, etc.
- Makes available Fair Trade products for purchase, including coffee, tea, and chocolates.
- Encourages Hope members to support mission projects through an alternative gift program (ELCA Good Gifts), ELCA Disaster Response, and World Hunger response. The team also develops and recommends a budget to support these missions.
- Supports Hope members who want to perform hands-on mission work through news articles, publicity, and prayer.
Who can join the Mission Outreach Team?
Any church member who has a passion for mission outreach is invited to join the team.
What’s the time commitment?
The Mission Outreach Team meets the first Thursday of each month at 1:00 PM. Additional time may be required to support individual projects.
How do I volunteer?
Attend a meeting, contact the team leader, or inquire at the church office.