The team is responsible for encouraging a long-term legacy program through gifts of appreciated stocks, tax-deferred annuities, IRA’s and will bequests. The goal of the program is to provide funding for mission outreach locally, within the US and internationally.
God has given each of us the same opportunity—to build a foundation of faith for generations that follow. We will not be remembered by what we have accumulated, only by what we share as a lasting legacy of faith.
There is no greater joy than knowing you have made a positive difference with your life — that you are leaving a legacy of lasting love. As thankful servants of the Lord, our most significant legacy is bequeathing the gospel of grace to future generations. Planned giving is including the church as part of your estate plans. Endowment funding helps ensure the perpetuation of Hope Lutheran Church by providing financial support for it and its missions. The Hope Endowment Legacy Program permits existing programs to be expanded and new mission and outreach programs to be developed. The Legacy Program also provides for capital expenditures ensuring future growth for the church.
Hope Lutheran Church has a planned giving program which includes Legacy Endowment funding and
Memorial funding. The difference between a Legacy gift and a Memorial gift can be defined simply:
a Legacy gift provides perpetual support for the church and its missions; a Memorial gift supports
the church’s current opportunities.
The needs for a Legacy gift can be expressed in many ways. Here are just a few:
- Provide a way to continue Christian stewardship beyond one’s lifetime
- Receive gifts from those who wish to remember loved ones in a lasting way
- Provide financial strength for Hope Lutheran Church to meet the challenges in the years ahead
Ten Ways to Leave a Legacy
- Prepare a will.
- Leave a gift in your will for the charitable organizations that make a difference in your life.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate
- Utilize assets (e.g., stocks, bonds, real estate, art and jewelry) for your charitable gift.
- Name Hope Endowment Legacy Program as a beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming Hope Endowment Legacy Program as the beneficiary.
- Name Hope Endowment Legacy Program as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Encourage family members, loved ones and friends to leave charitable gifts in their wills.
- Ask your financial advisor to include charitable giving as part of their counsel to other clients.
- Teach your children, grandchildren and other young people about the joys of giving.
The information on this page is for educational purposes only and should not be considered tax and legal advice. Please consult with your tax or legal advisor about proceeding with your estate plan.