Saturday, October 26th, 2019
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Ready for some family-friendly Halloween fun?
It’s time for Hope’s first-ever Trunk or Treat at Hope Lutheran Church Lake Weir Campus!
Join us on Saturday, October 26th from 10:00am to 1:00pm for Trunk or Treating around Hope Lake Weir Campus. Enjoy the views of scenic Lake Weir as your little ones collect their candy! We’ll also have kid-friendly crafts and a retelling of the Pumpkin Story every half hour inside our church fellowship hall. And all kids will receive a free drawstring bag upon arrival, while supplies last!
Trunk or Treat is a free event! All decorations will be family-friendly, so even the littlest monsters will feel safe.
This is a Teal Pumpkin Project Event!
At Hope, all families are loved and supported. We know that many children have food allergies or require special diets, but that shouldn’t stop the Halloween fun! We will have allergy-friendly options for all children at every vehicle! Simply ask for the Teal Pumpkin prizes when collecting your treats.
Join us on Saturday, October 26th for an afternoon of fun!
Interested in handing out candy?
If you’d like your vehicle to be a Trunk or Treat stop, you’ll need to register!
Please sign up in the event Sign-Up Center at any Hope campus, or email email@example.com.
Please note: Only 45 vehicles will be on the Trunk or Treat route, so register early!
Please read before registering for Trunk or Treat:
What is Trunk or Treat?
Trunk or Treat is a modern alternative to traditional Trick or Treating. Kids travel from car to car instead of from house to house. Participants decorate their trunks with fun decorations (see list below). Then they hand out candy to the kids from their trunks, instead of the front door!
What Do I Do?
If you would like to hand out treats, please read the list of recommended themes. Then complete the registration form. Please note: No scary themes will be allowed! This is a church event, so all themes must be family-friendly. Please do not decorate with blood, witches, vampires, monsters, zombies, weapons, or gore.
Those handing out candy must arrive 30 minutes before the event begins. You must be at the church and parked by 9:30am. Once parked, you must turn your car completely off, and your parking or emergency brake must be engaged.
If you would like to attend, simply arrive any time between 10:00am or 1:00pm. You’ll receive a free treat bag upon registering. Have fun!
Recommended Trunk or Treat Themes:
- Zoo, Farm, or Jungle (Lots of animal friends)
- Under the Sea (Fish friends and water decorations)
- Candy Land (Candy decorations, colorful balloons or décor)
- Pumpkin Patch (Lots of pumpkins, carved or not, and farm décor)
- Friendly Scarecrow Pals (Fun scarecrows and farm decorations)
- Noah’s Ark (Animal friends and boat decorations)
- 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s Fashion & Music (Poodle Skirt costumes, Hippie outfits, or 80’s hair)
- Disney Characters (Frozen, Finding Nemo, Cinderella, or any other favorite characters)
- Princesses, Princes, Knights, or Kings (Royal costumes, foam swords, crowns, and tiaras)
- Pirate Treasure (Friendly pirates and a treasure chest)
- Luau, Pool, or Beach Party (Hula costumes, beach or water decorations, and beach balls)
- Sports Fans (Teams, championship trophies, and Stadium décor)
- Superheroes (Superman, Batman, Spider Man, Captain America, or any other comic book hero)
- Everyday Heroes (Police or Firefighter decorations, military costumes, or doctors and nurses)
- Favorite Family Movies (Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, Minions, Charlie Brown, Ghost Busters, etc.)
- Circus or Carnival (Animals, clowns, balloons, and a Big Top Tent)
- Camp-Out (Tent, fake campfire, camping chairs, and lanterns)